Sharjah International Library Conference العربية
Tuesday, November 7, 2023
Entrepreneurs Need Libraries: How to Develop Your Entrepreneur Center
Libraries can play a vital role in the local economy and workforce development. So many people and students want to become entrepreneurs these days. That is why libraries of different types around the world have now created Entrepreneur Centers. Research shows that Start-Ups in the MENA region face a host of often-debilitating barriers. This full-day workshop will provide you with the knowledge, guidance, strategies, and tools and resources to develop this new service at your library to help those who want to take their ideas and create their own businesses.
The preconference workshop will:
- Provide an overview on why libraries deserve a place at The Table of Economic Resources in a community.
- Outline the various elements and needs of entrepreneurs.
- Showcase examples of current Entrepreneur Centers at public, academic, special, and school libraries.
- Explain how to create a Needs Assessment on business resources currently available in your community.
- Create a scope of services and resources.
- Define stakeholders, deliverables, infrastructure, and sustainability.
- Identify community partners/other collaborations.
- Funding- challenges and opportunities
- Have you Design your own Entrepreneurship Center.
- How to promote and engage and evaluate
The workshop will be a mix of presentations, interactive small group discussions, mentimeter polling, and use of gamified applications.
- Business Plan
- Glossary of Business Terms
- List of Favorite Books
- List of Grant Funding Sources
- Libraries Build Business Playbook
- Understand why libraries are important to workforce development (from schools to university to community)
- Who are entrepreneurs and what are their needs
- All the steps needed to create a successful Entrepreneur Center
Business and Careers Manager, Richland Library,
Columbia, SC, USA
Acting Head of the Quality Improvement Unit
Library Sector at Bibliotheca Alexandrina, Egypt.